This full-day workshop looks at the properties, chemistry, contraindications and uses of 16 essential oils and 2 carrier oils not covered in the Level 3 Aromatherapy Diploma training.
The day is aimed at all Aromatherapists interested in the expansion of the oils they currently use within practice. Participants must have a Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy.
The major focus will be on the use of oils in clinical practice and special indicators for their use and benefits.
The oils covered will include:
* May Chang
* Hypericum carrier oil
* Calendula carrier oil
Course content will include;
- Introduction to the nature of the oil
- Botanical name & plant family
- Country of origin
- Source and method of extraction
- Chemical constituents
- Therapeutic actions and conditions which benefit from its use
- Methods of application
- Safety data including cautions and contraindications
- Blending and recipes
- Supporting evidence and research
Each of the oils will be available for personal assessment and blending.
A portfolio of information to take away for future reference will be provided as part of the course material.
Course Tutor: Ann Whiteford
The Seven Wellbeing Centre is an ITEC approved training centre.