The EMM-Tech Short Course was created by Ross Emmett so that non-therapists would have the opportunity to use some of his work to help themselves, friends and family. The course contains eleven moves which have been specially selected from the EMMETT Technique Practitioner Course.
The course is conducted over one eight hour session and no prior experience is necessary to attend a course. It can be taken by anyone although complementary therapists can use the course to attain CPD credits.
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in releasing their own muscle tensions or helping others release theirs. No previous bodywork experience is necessary you may be:
- a carer wanting to help an elderly relative ease their pain and discomfort;
- a mother wanting a first aid kit of easy muscle releases to help their children with day to day aches and pains of growing up;
- an amateur sport enthusiast needing to release their own aching muscles;
- an exercise professional such as a personal trainer or Pilates instructor wanting to help your clients extend their range of movement;
- a therapist or health professional already and want an introduction to the EMMETT Technique Practitioner Course, picking up some extra releases for your tool kit in the process.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to recognise when areas of the body are too tight and how to release the tension in eleven muscles in the legs, shoulders, back and neck. The results from these moves are usually immediate - you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after a short demonstration and practise you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for yourself and others.
How is the course assessed?
EMM-Tech is not an assessed course, however, students are supervised during practice sessions and extra assistance is offered where required so all become competent and confident to perform the moves.
The EMMETT Releases taught are:
- Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) to free up neck rotation problems and pain;
- Pectoralis Minor used for shoulder problems and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body;
- Forearm release will help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems and RSI;
- Latissimus dorsi release frees up the arm lift where there is a 'draffing' under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain;
- Diaphragm/Abdominal relase to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows people to breathe more easily and deeply;
- ITB release. Quick and simple release for tight and painful thighs and hips;
- ITB/Sartorius where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs;
- Gastroc/calf for tense tight and fluid filled calves. Also assists balance;
- Foot Balance moves to assist balance and stability.
The cost is £100, which includes a Training Guide, Certificate of Attendance and a DVD for revision.
The Seven Wellbeing Centre is an ITEC approved training centre.