Join us and learn some powerful techniques that will help you to deal with the ever growing issue of personal stress.
What are you doing about your stress?
Stress is the second most commonly reported type of work-related illness and is linked to a host of physical and mental illnesses including:
- Tension headaches, anxiety attacks and depression,
- Harmful behaviours such as drinking too much caffeine or alcohol or smoking,
- Heart disease, back pain and gastro-intestinal illnesses.
You will carry out your own stress audit so you can bring a greater sense of balance into your life.
- You may be surprised to learn that it is often the small stress events, of which we may not be aware, which together add to the damaging effects of cumulative stress. You will also be supported in re-evaluating those activities that you are already doing which assist in reducing your stress and help you find other opportunities to extend this good practice.
How do you respond to stress?
You will be encouraged to examine your reactions to these stress triggers and determine whether there are more effective ways in which you can deal with them.
Empower yourself by auditing those issues which generate stress.
You will be taught to recognise the value of worry and change your relationship with these concerns, transforming them into positive actions when appropriate.
Try out a range of powerful techniques that reduce stress.
We will introduce you to:
- The Emotional Freedom Technique. An acupressure method that allows us to alter the emotional charge of a particularly stressful event,
- Meditation, a tool that is increasingly used in reducing stress and depression,
- Effective Relaxation techniques.
By regularly practising the techniques introduced in this course you will be able to significantly reduce your levels of stress and thereby gain a much healthier, successful life.
These sessions can be accessed on an individual or group basis.