Therapeutic massage is a 'hands on' therapy to test muscle aches and pains and stiff joints, to aid mobility and enhance well-being.
The technique of massaging is derived from many cultures, and includes particular movement to stimulate and sooth. Massage can sooth our nerves and produce a feeling of well being through the release of natural feel good chemicals in the brain. The treatment relieves mental and emotional stress that often manifests as muscular tension.
Massage can help
- reduce tightness, pain and stress in muscles, and can improve muscle tone.
- improve circulation, increasing blood flow of oxygen and nutrients to muscles and organs and aiding the removal of toxins.
- assists the lymphatic system which is key to fighting infections and immunity
- aid relaxation
- generally provides a very positive experience physically and psychologically.
All massage treatments are subject to a consultation which will highlight any areas which may require medical permission or may simply restrict treatment. In most cases treatment will be adapted to your specific needs and requirements.
Aromatherapy Massage offers a deeply relaxing, therapeutic experience. A blend of essential oils is carefully chosen, to meet your needs, and administered onto the skin using soothing massage techniques. This holistic treatment is aimed to reduce tension and aid in deep relaxation to the mind and body.
Swedish massage offers a stimulating massage treatment, great for boosting circulation, reducing muscle tension and easing aches and pains. Essential oils are not used in this type of massage.
Swedish Massage- Cost:
- Full body (1 hour) - £30
- Back, neck and shoulders (30 minutes) - £20
- Legs and feet (30 minutes) - £20
Yours therapists are Jane Hopper, Christine Garbutt, Emily Boyle, Caroline Marsden,